*** Children between the ages of 8-12 are REQUIRED to take this class in order to workout with an adult. 8 years and under are not allowed in exercise areas.
For Y-members ages 8-12, this class teaches:
- General anatomy
- Proper use of treadmill cardio equipment
- Body weight exercises
- Proper use of gym equipment
- Fitness floor etiquette
- Correct exercise form and range of motion
Child must complete the one hour session to pass the class. After completion, the individual will be certified to use the YMCA Fitness Center if accompanied by an adult with a valid YMCA membership.
First Class Preparation
- Bring a medical release from your doctor, if you’ve had health or orthopedic problems.
- Dress in gym clothes and wear tennis shoes.
- Be punctual. Arrive 5 minutes early if possible.
- Meet the Instructor at the desk in the fitness center.
Session Dates & Times:
Classes will be held on the first Saturday of the month at 9:00 a.m., limited to 6 per class.
FEE: $40 (Mention sibling discount during registration to receive $5 discount per kid)
Please contact Jake Katnik at 573.657.6922 ext. 303 or email@example.com if you have any questions.