Hours and Location
The market will run from the first Thursday in May to the last Thursday in September from 3-6:30pm.
The location is at the River Region Credit Union Pavilion at the corner of Broadway and Henry Clay Blvd.
400 East Broadway, Ashland, MO 65010.
Application Fee: $20/one time
Monthly: $40 (saves $20/month)
Season membership (May-September): $150 (saves $50/season)
1. Venmo @SBYMCA – please include “vendor fee” in the detail section.
2. Pay YMCA employee at market site
Vendor Space and Set Up
Set up can begin an hour before the market opens. Vendors are responsible for their own tables and accessories. There will be assigned spaces for vendors, this process is based on the timing of your application being submitted. Each vendor is allowed to use the space between columns and face the center. If you need more space, you can purchase an additional vendor space.
Vendors will inform the SB YMCA Farmers Market Director of their attendance status by 8pm the Tuesday prior to market via GroupMe app. Click here to join the group.
Market Rules and Regulations
* Please review the SB YMCA Farmers Market Rules and Regulations. You MUST obtain all necessary permits/certifications before applying to ensure you are in compliance with all federal, state, county and city rules that apply to your products.
- The River Region Credit Union pavilion is providing vendor space for items to be sold. It is required of the vendor to obtain all necessary permits/certifications.
- It is required of the vendor to obtain all necessary permits/certifications. Please submit any additional documentation to SB YMCA Farmers Market Director.
- The SB YMCA Farmers Market encourages vendors to sell products that they grow or make to offer the highest quality of local and hand-crafted products to the community.
- Each vendor sets their own prices.
- Vendors must label all prepared foods with the following information: The label shall include the name and address of the cottage food production operation and a statement that the food is not inspected by the department or local health department as well as all ingredients used.
- Vendor signage must be secured and not obstruct the view of another vendor’s booth or impose a hazard by extending into the public walk area.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their booth(s) and parking space(s) clean during and after the market closes. There is a trash can onsite. Those who do not clean up their space at the end of the market will be subject to additional fees. Any damage to the space must be repaired at the vendor’s expense.
- Vehicles, trailers, etc. cannot obstruct the entrance, exit or parking for the bank or main roadway.
- During regular business hours, vendors are allowed to use the River Region Credit Union bathroom as needed.
- Grievances must be brought to the attention of the SB YMCA Farmers Market Director
- Disciplinary Action – Vendors in violation of any rules or regulations may receive one (1) verbal warning per season. If a second (2) violation occurs, then the vendor will receive a written warning. If a third (3) violation occurs, the vendor is subject to expulsion from the market.
- Inappropriate language or behavior, profanity, harassment, or abuse by a vendor toward another vendor, customer, River Region Credit Union or YMCA employee is grounds for immediate and permanent expulsion from the market.
Promotion and Advertisement
Social media, yard signage and digital signage will be our sources for advertising. Vendors are encouraged to post on the “community” tab on the Southern Boone Area YMCA Farmers Market Facebook Page (@sbymcafarmersmarket). If your items vary week to week, you can also email, or message the SB YMCA Farmers Market Director by 8pm Wednesday with item information and/or pictures to include in the weekly promo. Marketing materials will be provided to each vendor and encouraged to be used when vendors are promoting on their own platforms.
Due to covered space, the market will no longer close because of inclement weather. It is up to the vendor if they would like to continue with the setup. In the event of severe weather, the market will close and vendors will be asked to seek shelter inside River Region Credit Union.
Jessica Crump: 573.657.9622 ext. 303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for a Farmers Market application.
Click here for the MO Department of Health and Senior Services Farmers Market Brochure.