When one goes through physical therapy, they set goals and work together with their physical therapist to achieve those goals. It takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. As humans, we strive for more, we strive to be better. Our Healthy Hometown program is the next step to achieving more.
The YMCA picks up where your therapy ends. We have developed a system for you to continue being active while you learn to build healthier habits and become more confident in yourself. Whether you are looking to relieve pain, gain muscle, lose weight, or just feel better, we are offering an opportunity for you to do just that. Our goal is to build a long-lasting relationship between you and exercise. This is a journey that one can’t do alone, and this program is designed so you don’t have to.
Elements of Program:
1. You will start with an initial assessment where we conduct an InBody scan that tells body fat percentage, BMI, and other body composition measurements. We will also conduct a movement screening to assess overall fitness.
2. You will then be given a workout regimen that helps focus your goals. We are utilizing an online program called “TeamBuildr” that is available on your phone or at the gym on iPads. This helps you track your weights and repetitions you do for certain exercises.
3. We will schedule appointments with a trainer to help learn and perfect new movements.
4. After the 10 weeks you will do a final assessment that will mirror the initial assessment and see your results from start to finish.
This program also includes:
- Free 3 month membership for non-members
- Two body/movement assessments
- Free personal training sessions
- Guidance on building your own workout plan
If you have any further questions or would like to receive more information please contact Colin Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the front desk at 573.657.9622
The funding for this program is provided by the Boone County Community Health Fund.