Building Bulletproof Athletes with Driveline Baseball
Here at the Southern Boone Area YMCA, we believe in developing strong and resilient athletes so you can stay healthy and perform at your highest level. For our throwing athletes, that means we want to use the most cutting edge programs to develop healthy and powerful throwing arms. That’s why we are bringing the principles and methodologies of the Nationally-recognized Driveline Baseball program to our facility, coached by a certified instructor through the Driveline program.
How it works:
- Assess – We want to know who you are, how you move, and how we can work together to achieve your goals.
- Train – Our coach writes the program individualized to be appropriate for your current age and abilities; you put in the work. He guides you through the process, sets expectations, and holds you accountable.
- Re-Assess – After 4-6 weeks of dedicated training, we work together to accurately evaluate if the training worked, why it did or didn’t, and help forge the path for the next training cycle.
The Driveline system can be adapted to throwing athletes in middle school and beyond.
Driveline is much more than just a throwing program, it is an Athletic Development program with the added benefit of increased arm strength and velocity improvements. You can expect to spend 1-2 hours working through:
- Dedicated Movement Skill and Throwing Warmup – Learn how to properly prepare your body and your arm for the demands of training and throwing to help you stay healthy for the long haul.
- Weighted Ball Throwing Program – Designed to improve mechanical efficiency and arm strength for improved velocity.
- Power Training – A combination of sprinting, agility work, medball and jump training to build quick, springy, and powerful athletes.
- Strength Training – Progressive and age-appropriate weight training to maximize the development of the athlete.
- Recovery – The most important aspect of the program that sets the athlete up for long term success.
Doing Driveline isn’t a silver bullet that will magically add 10mph to your fastball in a few short weeks. It’s a commitment to hard work and consistent training over the course of your athletic career with the intent to maximize your potential. The only question is, are you ready to put in the work?
$350 (2 sessions/week)
$375 (3 sessions/week)
$400 (4 sessions/week)
$425 (5 sessions/week)
$450 (6 sessions/week)
*Requires YMCA membership
To schedule an appointment, please contact Dylan Newcomer at 636.208.7866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org