The Southern Boone Area YMCA is an association comprised of persons of all ages, ethnic groups and religious affiliations dedicated to putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
With the help and support of the Jefferson City Area YMCA and a successful Founders and Capital Campaign, we were able to make the Southern Boone Area YMCA a reality and support the residents of the Southern Boone area in the core areas of Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
The YMCA offers:
- More than 25 pieces of cardio equipment including: 10 treadmills, 10 cycle bikes, 5 ellipticals, 2 climbers, 4 row machines, 3 recumbent bikes, 3 upright bikes, an upper body ergometer, recumbent cross trainer and an airdyne.
- 2 machines for flexibility – one for quadriceps and hamstring extension and flexion
- 12 selectorized (pin lock) machines to work your total body
- 8 multi-station and 2 dual adjustable pulley systems for lat pull, tricep pushdown, low/high row, bicep curls, pull-ups, cable crossovers and more
- Free Weights
- Flat benches, incline, shoulder press, preacher curls, straight bars, 2 hex bars, bumper plates, etc.
- 4 heavy squat racks, smith machine, leg sled, etc.
- 2 sets of dumbbells (5 – 100 lbs.). We also have 1 – 5’s and Therabands for therapy.
- Kettle bells (5-70 lbs.)
- 2 Keiser functional trainers
- 2 push sleds
- Ab coaster, balls, rollers, etc. to work your upper and lower abs and obliques
- Exercise rooms
- Fitness classes
- Spin bikes
- Turf room
- Batting Cage
- Child care
- Child watch
- Before and after school care
- Summer camp
- Youth sports