When one goes through physical therapy, they set goals and work together with their physical therapist to achieve those goals. It takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. As humans, we strive for more, we strive to be better. Our Healthy Hometown program is the next step to achieving more.
The YMCA picks up where your therapy ends. We have developed a system for you to continue being active while you learn to build healthier habits and become more confident in yourself. Whether you are looking to relieve pain, gain muscle, lose weight, or just feel better, we are offering an opportunity for you to do just that. Our goal is to build a long-lasting relationship between you and exercise. This is a journey that one can’t do alone, and this program is designed so you don’t have to.
Elements of Program:
1. You will start with an initial assessment where we conduct an InBody scan that tells body fat percentage, BMI, and other body composition measurements. We will also take vital signs before and after a 6-minute walk test on the treadmill where you will go for distance in that time frame.
2. You will then be given a workout regimen that helps focus your goals. For 10 weeks, you will track your physical activity daily in a log. We are utilizing an online program called “TeamBuildr” that is available on your phone or at the gym on iPad’s. This helps you track your weights and repetitions you do for certain exercises. It will also ask for body weight each time you workout to track your progress.
3. We will schedule a halfway assessment to check your progress and monitor any changes we may need to make.
4. After the 10 weeks you will do a final assessment that will mirror the initial assessment and see your results from start to finish.
This program also includes:
· Free 3-month YMCA membership for non-members
· Free workout classes
· Free weekly workout regiments available on your phone!
·Two Free InBody scans
· Guidance from personal trainer’s
If you have any further questions or would like to receive more information please contact Colin Vaughan at 573.489.9795 or at email@example.com
To schedule an appointment please visit one of the trainers links below to view availability
The funding for this program is provided by the Boone County Community Health Fund.